Policies On Training & Behavior Modification
Payment: Single sessions must be paid in full at the time of the session; packages must be paid in full in advance or at the time of the first session – no exceptions.
You may pay in 3 ways for single sessions:
• Cash (exact change, please, I do not carry cash.)
• Check/Money Order
• Via credit card/paypal.com at the website at www.maryalverson.com
Packages must be purchased through the website via www.maryalverson.com
Customer Satisfaction: The satisfaction of my clients is extremely important to me. I recognize that training and behavior modification is an investment in time & money. It is important that we have a comfortable working relationship and that the methodology I use makes sense to you and is something you feel you can implement. I do NOT offer “free evaluations or meet-and-greets” for Private Coaching Sessions. However, if, after your FIRST session, you or I feel that you would be better served with another trainer/behavior consultant, you are not obligated to pay.
Guarantees: Pawsitive Energy cannot and will not guarantee training outcomes or that any specific behavioral problem will be solved. There are three very good reasons for this:
• I am not the one doing the actual training or behavior modification – you, the dog’s guardian are. I am merely the coach helping you reach your goals.
• Dogs are living, breathing beings. They are not machines to be programmed. One could never guarantee the future behavior of any living thing.
• Training & behavior modification takes time, consistency, and effort.
• I am a signer of the Certification Council of Professional Dog Trainers’ Code of Ethics. Those ethics in part read: “[Professional trainers will] refrain from providing guarantees regarding the specific outcome of training.”
Package Expirations: Packages expire between 60 and 180 days (depending on which package you purchase). Please be aware of this at the time of purchase (exact expiration dates are noted at the time of checkout.)
Refunds: Once money has exchanged hands, there are NO REFUNDS. Period.
Cancellations & Late-Starts: Please give me at least 24 hours’ notice if you must cancel a session. Late-starts on the part of the client will not be accommodated – the session begins at the agreed upon time, whether you, the client, are ready to begin at that time or not.
Length of Sessions: The first session lasts 90 minutes, and all subsequent sessions last 60 minutes.
NOTE: Day Training, Dog Sitting/Walking, & aggression cases require additional forms and waivers.